Many Inventors trying to get their product ideas to market are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would supply a regarding some of the reasons you can get gotten cast off. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully plans and patent an idea ideas something to.
You wish to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, you still need to enjoy a good idea but you will discover that no matter how good an insurance policy you might think it is that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all the time. Even if it does not make sense to you that would likely reject an understanding that they agree is usually profitable. Here are some common explanations why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. A lot more claims may have also a complete collection of products and not seeking add more.
2. The product is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission towards the wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the correct one.
4. You sent the idea unsolicited without contacting firm first recognize their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that basis.
5. You didn’t have proper contact about your entry. (That is one of the most mistakes Inventors make. An additional will not bother to be able to you alongside.)
6. They have too many similar providers that sector is flooded enough.
7. Your idea appeals to a very little niche market and desire mass market items.
8. The cost to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Income sheet in order to WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort by simply.
10. Your product has been really patented by someone else and they just don’t want to determine if they are around it or risk infringement factors.
11. Goods or idea isn’t much better than what is on the marketplace. This tells them you didn’t research your idea perfectly well and don’t have a clue who other sellers is looking.
12. You sent a product that is exactly like their current product and that current product is a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or is on the downswing when what isn’t too far off out one year afterwards.
14. They already have a better solution than yours in the works for release that coming yr. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea if the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Takes place a lot. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones inventing.)
15. They have received a similar idea from another Inventor and are developed in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. You have posted your idea unprotected online a single of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to see if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes an additional concerned whether any patent my idea protection may allowed and turns it down in accordance to that situation.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the running prototype on youtube and have a significant number of hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated which you’ve got an issued patent, whenever they perform quick browse your patent they discover that it has lapsed by way of non-payment of fees and it’s been lapsed significantly beyond the due date. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There are any patent, nevertheless was poorly written and doesn’t cover far more product. (This happens a lot)
20. You have a design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, as a result they should be expecting very little protection for sale.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t with outside ideas and doesn’t publicize individuals. So you get a rejection letter, but permit you explain they just don’t look outside the company.
22. You sent them your product but these have decided on their line for the year or go with the following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Really don’t consider items with a sales history they can i patent an idea review and your item by no means been being produced or sold stores or online. So that they really do not require to consider the risk of being the first company selling it.
As I stated above these are just a few for this reasons your event may have your idea/product rejected a new company. Really take time to on your own and understand your market, your put into that market and homework part become worse yourself as marketable as it can.